Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Fraud. =(

blackeyecat
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

While we are on vacation in the month of April. Our account got fraud by changing the contact email, upgraded our moblie plan, and the worse part purchased 2 iphone X. Now is all under our bills.

Yesterday May 28, we phone to Fido customer care and now our case opened with the fraud dept. and we'll have to wait 24-48 hours for their call back, or if they don't call back in 72 hours we'll have to call them back.

Now, this over $2000 bills are pending in our credit card + the more expensive plan, and we can only change back our contact email but not the plan.

Read the forum and Fido facebook about similar or same cases, some has been waiting for over 2 months is not even being solve. I'll see how long this going take before it get to resolved.

At the moment, we'll cancel the credit card that tie with the account, and most likely will report to Canadian Anti Fraud Center.

7 REPLIES 7

blackeyecat

One suggestion to Fido regarding customer protection, Fido should send a SMS to our mobile number regarding any activity to our account, like contact info change, plan upgrade, device purchase .....If we ever received SMS regarding all these activities, we could probably stop this transaction. Fido, you really need to work harder to protect your customers, and shouldn't make it so easy for upgrade plans and purchase devices. We are talking about thousands of hard working money....

blackeyecat

Latest update:

Fido fraud dept just gave me a call, explaining the whole situation and find out the fraud.

And will readjust our moblie plan back to the it was and will refund the $2000+ back to us within the next 30days.

We'll see if all this getting resolve in the next 30 days. But so far Fido react quick for our case. Thanks.

Hey @blackeyecat,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm so sorry to learn about what happened to your account, it's most definitely not a pleasant situation!

I'm really happy to learn that you were able to speak to someone already though and that we're sorting out the situation with you! Don't worry, you're in good hands Smiley

If you need anything, we'll be here, just let us know!

blackeyecat

update on June 12. 

I just loggin to my account, and saw there is a credit of $1579.74 on it. I couldn't find any detail on this yet since this month's statement is not yet available. 

However, I did a simple calculation, the total fraud amount was $2038.12, now fido credit us back $1579.74, there is still $458.26 missing (our plan monthly charge is about $100) I have no idea where this money go yet. I will wait for this month's bill to see the details. And, we are looking forward for this money refund back to my credit card. 

Thanks for keeping us posted @blackeyecat ! Hopefully once the bill is out everything is in order.

Let us know! 

blackeyecat

Update on June 22. 

We received our most recently Fido bill last week, and everything seemed back to normal. The only thing was we had to call Fido customer service and asked for the money refund back to our credit card. Otherwise, it would remain to be store credits. So we called, and requested a refund to my credit card. Few days later the refund shown up. Now we are happy again. 

The whole process wasn't a huge headche for us (it was a shock at the beginning of course), but good that Fido handled it well this time. Thank you. Case closed. 

Hey @blackeyecat !

Thanks for following up with us on this. I'm glad to hear that the situation was resolved and that you found the process easy. We understand how stressful a situation like this can be for our customers and we do want to make this as light as possible for you, so I'm glad to hear it all worked out!