Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About not getting support

PratikVaghasiya
I'm a participant level 2

Hello! 

I have purchased a Fido sim card in September which has a 50$ plan that includes 1500 international minutes. When I got my first bill it was $109, which was ok with activation fees. But when I checked my bill for the current month it was showing $420 due. I checked the bill and get to know that I was charged for international calls. 

I called customer service, after explaining to him my problem he told me to hold the line. I have waited for 90 mins and after confirming with his manager, he told me that the charges are valid and I need to visit the store. I visited the store twice but they are saying they have added the plan. Now I am forced to pay the bill and both the company and store blame each other. 

Are there any actions I can take to get out of this problem?? Please suggest I have been in Canada just last month and still finding a job, I can not pay this hefty amount. Need help!!!

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @PratikVaghasiya 

Welcome to the community!

I'm unaware of the 1500 minutes you are referring to, however, I do know Fido offers 1000 free International minutes with certain plans and those minutes are only for a specific set of countries.

• Australia
  • Bangladesh
  • China (excluding Macau)
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Italy
  • Mexico
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom

If this is what you have and you made calls to countries not listed as part of the free 1000 minutes or you went over the 1000 minutes then those charges would be valid. You should also note Fido never sends any notifications when you've used the 1000 minutes, however, you are able to track it on the Fido MyAccount app.

If you are unable to make the payment in full you can contact the Credit Operation team and set up a payment plan, you can get more information here.

Hello Everyone,

It needs to be mentioned that the 1500 International Minute Add-on (see here under long-distance) is different from the 1000 International Minute Promotion which was available with some plan activations. Most notably, the 1500 International Minute Add-on includes fewer Countries (namely India, China & Hong Kong, UK, Mexico and Bangladesh).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

PratikVaghasiya

Hello KAPABLE-K

I have made calls only to India and I did not use even 100 minutes, so there is no chance that I've exceeded the allowed minutes. 

Moreover, the shop manager from where I purchased SIM When I went to him and asked why there is no mention of international minute on contract. He replied that it is not shown on the paper and he adds it after activation as a top-up. So when I made him talk with the customer care he said he had never offered me any international minutes. When I told customer support about this they are saying that you are telling two different stories and ultimately I am the one who's at fault. Worst worst experience ever! I am just a student how can you do this to me. There's no chance I can pay up this much bill and definitely would recommend everyone not to ever purchase a Fido sim.

Hello PratikVaghasiya,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected charges on your bill. It's unfortunate that the shop manager did not include the 1500 International minute add-on when you purchased the SIM. I think the contract should have included the specifics of your plan and any add-ons purchased at that time.

@PratikVaghasiya wrote:..He replied that it is not shown on the paper and he adds it after activation as a top-up. So when I made him talk with the customer care he said he had never offered me any international minutes. ...

Did you mean that the store manager changed their story and told customer care that they didn't offer the add-on? If so, that is not right. They shouldn't be trying to cover for their mistake.

I do understand it wasn't your fault because you thought the store manager had provided you the add-on, however, the calls were made without the add-on so I'm not sure what can be done to help your situation. Your best course of action would be to contact customer service again to see if there is anything they can do. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @PratikVaghasiya so sorry to hear about your situation. The best thing to do is contact Fido support see Here and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select report an issue or concern and then explain the situation. We don't have access to any account information, due to privacy concerns as we are a community forum and not account representatives. I do hope this is an avenue that works for you. All the best