cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About first fido registration.

SeungyeonLee
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello. This time I switched from Freedom Mobile to fido. I want to say two regrettable things. We don't speak English well. However, we registered for fido this time at Yokdale Mall, and found out that we were charged for the service set up fee. She didn't tell us exactly that. This is because the business hours there were over. We were not informed of the fact that we do not have to pay a service fee if we do it online. We would like to do so if we can cancel and re-apply online without having to pay a service fee. We can often see that there are cases like this. And his answer was that he always had to go to that point and solve it. We want to request again online. And finally, I want to change the main number from xxxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxxx. We hope this is a good first start to using fido. Thanks for reading.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello SeungyeonLee,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear there was a misunderstanding regarding the set-up fee. Fido does offer their 15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee on device purchases, though I'm not sure whether it still applies without the purchase of a device. You might need to return to the store to see if they can credit the set-up fee for you.

Is that phone number your old phone number from Freedom? You might consider deleting the number from your post as providing personal information in a public forum is not recommended. If that number was your old number, you would need to contact customer service to request the number get ported from Freedom. It would be important that you do not cancel your services with Freedom or else they won't be able to port the phone number. Once the port is completed, your Freedom account will automatically be cancelled.

Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account and initiate the port request.

Unfortunately, if the line with the other provider has already been cancelled, it's unlikely you will be able to get the same phone number. Generally, once a phone line gets cancelled, its associated phone number is out-of-circulation for a period of time. Other providers won't be able to access that phone number.

I'm not positive, but there may be a way for the original provider to possibly reverse the cancellation?? You might consider contacting your original provider to enquire if such a procedure is possible.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers