cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL DAY hang-up calls from congo, west african republic, south america

cheepee
I'm a participant level 2

In the last 5 hours alone I've gotten 10 calls from various countries of Africa and South America. Always the same - briefly rings and then a hang-up. This has been happening for a few days now and it's getting super annoying! 

Each call is from a different phone number, so I can't just block them. Is there no other way to resolve this but to block all incoming calls from each country that calls me? 

Also why is this happening Fido? 

9 REPLIES 9

cheepee

Have the callers accessed a list of Fido phone numbers? 

For other folks having this problem, I did some quick research online and it sounds like this is a scam that profits from you calling back. Rather than blocking the country codes, I went into my missed calls list and blocked the individual numbers. So far today I've only had 1 scam call, but I don't know if it's a coincidence or if blocking the numbers helped. 

reddrose
I'm a participant level 1

EVERYDAY i get a call on my cell phone from a different number but the result is always the same.  I don't

take the call (anymore) and it goes to voicemail and the recording leaves a message (in an Asian language).

Every couple of days, the incoming phone number changes.  IS THERE ANYWAY to block or stop these calls?   this has been going on for about 3 months!!!!!

Beyond frustrated!

Hey @reddrose! I move your post here since it's related. We definitely understand your frustration and we'll let you know when we have an update regarding this. 

It looks like a solution might be available soon, see here.

gloriaguo

I've received more than 40 calls in the last few days with no one talking for a second. Could you verify the problems. Thanks!

Baylee330

Me too.
Several of my friends they also have the same problem. That’s sucks

BobJun

Hi, The same on my side, last call from kongo at 22:58.

cheepee

In the last 24 hours, I've had 18 hang-up calls from distant countries. 

Hey everyone,

We're aware that some customers are receiving many spam calls.  Our teams are working hard to make these calls stop.  In the meantime, the best option would be to block the numbers that are calling you. 

On an iPhone, you can turn on Silence unknown callers from your settings (in phone).  This will block incoming calls form numbers you haven't interacted with before.  You can read more about it here.  Alternatively, you can block each number manually. 

On an Android phone, you can block calls starting with a specific pattern of numbers by going in Phone >> Settings >> Block Numbers.  For example, you could enter 242 (the country code for the Republic of the Congo) and all numbers starting in 242 would be blocked.

We'll update this thread when we have more info!