Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3GB for $45/mo but not for old customers

RaiyanaR
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am super disappointed at fido.

Recently they have a new plan for 45 bucks for 3GB. I pay $45 for 1 GB and they gave me 1 GB extra.

But how is that fair?

I have been with Fido since Sept 2009 and a new customer would come in and get a better deal than me?

Honestly, how is that fair at all?

It is not a good idea for me to stay with Fido. Better switch else where since my loyalty does not mean any thing to Fido.

9 REPLIES 9

filedo68
I'm a participant level 2

i just upgrade my plan from small to medium 2gb $45 and a new device for about a month .Now fido give to everybody 3gb and i ask for it, they said no reason plan not exist. Is it Sucks.

AS27
I'm a participant level 3

I am with you 100%. You like to believe at the very least you should be treated as a new customer !!!!

Somebody at the marketing department should be reminded that old loyal customers also see these offers and it only acts as motivation to leave the company for them (If they cannot use it).

It is very simple, you can get a better deal if you are a new customer so what is the point of staying and not moving.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you checked what the differences are in the plan besides the data? sometimes one plan will have something another one does not. the plan i had now is cheaper than the one i had before, and has more data, but my old plan had US Long distance, this one does not, so you win some you loose some, and just because a new plan comes out does not mean you will switch to it automatically, your job as a consumer is to contantly review your plan and see what is available in the market and change plans when ever u determine necessary ,the company does not have the resources to do this for you.

filedo68

you can check now with every fido plan with data is 3gb minimum. so why they leave a lot of customers with less. People has right reason to be upset.

Hey @filedo68,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While I understand where you're coming from, I'd just like to clarify that our offers and promotions change quite often. We're always working on bringing something new. 

We still offer plans with different data buckets. You can change your plan online depending on the tab you have.

AS27

Paolo 

This is not only one case, just take a quick look at all the recent posts, everybody has the same issue. 

I am so surprised by the way you replied. Nobody asked Fido to review the plan for us. As a matter of fact, @RaiyanaR has personally reviewed the plan, took his/her time to call Fido and then realized that this offer is only available to new customers. 

So in other words sombody new can get much much better deal compared to a loyal old customer !!!!!

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

It has always been this way for pretty much every big corporation. I remember seeing that 20 years ago.

It's actually simple: very few people will cancel the service because of this; people don't like the hassle of changing supplier. Therefore, the company looses less money on current customers (vs giving that rebate to everyone) while still gaining new customers.

In other words, money talks. If you're not happy, leave. If enough people do that, businesses will change their practice. I wouldn't hold my breath.

(But be aware that if you're taking a competitor's offer that also only applies to new customers, you're likely validating that competitor's practice.)

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey everyone! Thanks for sharing Smiley

I do want to let everyone know that we appreciate all our customers both new and old! Right now we are offering a 3GB bonus with select plans, and this promo is available for all customers, both new and old, in different ways.

For non-Fido customers, they can benefit from the 3GB bonus with new activations on select plans. For our loyal existing customers, they can benefit from the offer by doing a hardware upgrade with a compatible plan, and they'll get the 3GB bonus. Existing customers can also get it by adding a line to their account with select plans; it's a great way to great deal on a line for a family or friend Smiley

I do hope this clears up how the promo works! The promotion is inclusive to both new and old customers, just in different ways.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get what your saying, what I said is different than what you interpret it. sometimes its just the bonus which is only for new customers but the plan itself is compatible for existing customers, so please do not confuse people on here saying they are not eligible, they CAN get the plans but THE BONUS is only applies to new customers not existing and i agree, that is not right, and we should contest it, so I am on your site, I am not against you.