cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day limit to buy a phone

Bkushner2
I'm a participant level 3

Hi everyone, I just activated a few new lines at a physical store last week and also wanted to order a phone but that didn't seem to be possible. I didn't have time to figure out why we couldn't do it there but they said to wait 30 days and then I can do it online. The problem is the phone I want is an older model and I am worried it might not be available in 3 weeks. Any way around this?

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bkushner2,

Welcome to the community!

There is generally a 30 day wait period between upgrades and activations (see here). If you just activated your lines, the system would require the 30 days before being able to process the device purchase. I think the measure is to prevent fraudulent activity. However, customer service may be able to process an exception in some cases. You would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Bkushner2

Thanks for the help, I sent them a PM.

Bkushner2

And the phone I wanted to buy is now sold out. Odd rules Fido has about buying a phone.