Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 dollars a day in Europe

Alekscuk1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello ,

i have been a Fido customer for 20 years . Usually they are ok to deal with .

Well I was traveling in Europe this summer so I called Fido to see if they have some packages for me since I have to use my phone for business.

I was told that I can use a phone for just 12 dollars a day . Well that is decent so I did just that.

However my first bill came 700 dollars and a second 1100 dollars.

I called customer care thinking it was a mistake on their part but I was told no .

Second time I called I was told that I can get something off my bill but it was above her pay grade and that her manager will call me . 

Seven days later no phone call , so I had called again . This time they told me that they can’t do anything and I have to pay my bill .

I’m so confused as why they would promise unlimited use for only 12 dollars a day if they can honour it.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Alekscuk1,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you receive that awful surprise on your bills. For how many days did you use the service?

@Alekscuk1 wrote:.. I’m so confused as why they would promise unlimited use for only 12 dollars a day if they can honour it..

To clarify, Fido Roam does not provide unlimited use of services while roaming. The service allows you to use your regular allotments from your plan while travelling. For example, if your plan only has 500 anytime call minutes, any usage over that amount would be additional. The same would apply for any data allotments.

Have you had a chance to view the billing details to see what service usage incurred those costs? You can do so via My Account. If you would like someone to go over your charges with you, you might consider contacting customer service as they will need access to your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers