cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong charge for late payment

sherry0123
I'm a participant level 2

I set up a pre-authorized payment method for paying bill.

My previously pre-authorized card expired. And I updated new pre-authorized payment info. It became effective immediately and I received confirmation email.

But Fido did not charge me. And I just found out that I still got charged for late payment in next bill cycle....

I am very sure that the payment info is correct.  Can someone help me with that???

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @sherry0123! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'll be happy to help you with your question!

That could be due to you changing the card information after the payment date. We'd have to take a look at your account to be sure what happened. You can reach us here for that or request a PM from the community.

sherry0123

can you send a pm to me?

My credit card became expired. I received the new credit card with the same old number. I actually updated my payment method immediately, and it was before the bill due date. I also received a payment confirmation email after updating my credit card info. But I still get charged for late payment....

Hey @sherry0123, thanks for the update!

With automatic payments, keep in mind the payments are taken 14 days after the bill cycle date - this date is before the date the bill is due. When the payment method is changed to automatic payments, or if a card is updated, it kicks in on the next invoice date and would be taken 14 days after the next cycle. 

If the card was updated, even though if it was before the due date, it would take effect once the next bill is released and a manual payment would have had to be made for the current bill. This is likely why the payment was not taken on time and why the late fees would apply.

If the card is now updated and active on your account, all future payments will be taken 14 days after the bill cycle date. If ever you need to update the card again keep in mind to make a manual payment for your current balance as the new card will take effect once the next invoice is out.

I hope that helps!