cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed gone to garbage....

Fidopls
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Is there some kind of network problem or something? My internet speeds should be at least 60 down 10 up, but right now the upload speed is only hovering around 1-3.

*** Edited to add labels*** 

6 REPLIES 6

Fidopls
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

- hard rebooted modem etc. didn't help.

- signal levels are good.

- only the upload speed is bad.

what's going on:smileysad:

@Fidopls to add with what @FidoPierre said are you doing the speed test using WiFi or the LAN port? If you are using WiFi can you use the LAN port to do the test and let us know the results.

Fidopls
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@FidoPierre, @KAPABLE-K, thank you for your replies. I tested both with hardwired LAN to my pc and also ac wirless at 5Ghz. Both the modem and my router were hard rebooted. all signal levels shown in the modem page are quite close to optimal. I tested again early this morning the problem still existed but a few hours later it's gone on its own. So not sure what happened. Some tests pictures below.

AnxoyZl

Rg3hByN

Problem can be considered solved for now, hopefully it won't return any time soon!

thanks.

@Fidopls great that its working as normal again but if the problem comes back disconnect your router and use just the Fido modem that way you can know if the problem is with your router or Fido modem/network.

Awesome, happy to hear it's all back to normal Smiley

Cheers1

Hey @Fidopls

I am sorry to see you're having trouble with your Internet. Can you let us know if you're using the router that came built into the modem? 

If not, have you tried rebooting the third-party router as well as the modem?