cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from bell to fido

Elyseeeee
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I currently have bell internet, it’s not high speed or the bell Fibe. If I want to switch from Bell to Fido, would I be able to and would it be possible to do the self installation? Or would I have to have a Fido technician come and run new cables and setup the system? Also I read in some fine print the modem is 179$ 

2 REPLIES 2

Unsatisfied
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

If you live in a modern home or apartment building that has a cable TV wire coming into it already, then you should be able to do the modem setup yourself.

If someone needs to connect your home to a pole or distribution box outside, you'll need the installer. 

In either case it's still cheaper and higher grade service than those other ding-a-lings. 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Elyseeeee!

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked if our Home Internet is offered at your address? You can check here, just make sure you have the right province selected at the top of the page. 

With our Home internet, there are no activation fees or shipping fees, and you don’t need to buy the modem. A $49.99 install fee only applies if you prefer the Tech Install option or in the few cases where your address has no cable outlets and needs work completed inside.