Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal and speed on the upper floor are terrible

subhi1975
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Hello 
I have a home internet account # ***********
I have moved to a new home and am already transferring the home internet account to the changed address. I have noticed that the signal and speed on the upper floor are terrible since moving to the new house.
I called customer service on September 03, and I was advised to install a mesh network system.
This system offers a variety of devices, but it is also expensive. Nonetheless, I checked with my neighbors who confirmed that the other internet providers provide this service free of charge.
So kindly check this issue and let me know a proper solution.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Subhi1975,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having signal issues on the upper floor of your new house. As suggested, the best option would be to get Wifi-extenders or a mesh system (see here and here; also many other discussions on topic). If possible, you might also consider relocating the modem/router to a more central location in your house. You can view here for other ways to optimise your Wifi.

I also understand some providers might offer mesh networks with their services. However, those systems require the modem/router to be compatible with connecting a mesh network. It should be noted that it isn't necessarily free of charge either. While the modem/router rental is included with the service, the addition of mesh pods usually requires an additional monthly rental fee.

Unfortunately, I don't think Fido's modem/router are mesh compatible. That means that you will need to connect a router (Fido modem/router in bridge mode) with mesh capabilities in order to create a mesh network. I understand the addition of those systems can be quite expensive. You might consider Wifi-extenders as they tend to be more cost effective. You can read about the pros and cons of each system.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not have access to customers' account information. If you would like to re-discuss your issue, you would need to contact technical support.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers