cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet upload speed is degraded to 0.01Mbps

Zy1011
I'm a participant level 3

My internet uploaded speed is degraded to 0.01Mbps. My speed test is performed on a laptop connected to the modem with ethernet cable. Can somebody have a check of this issue?

Thanks,
Yong

11 REPLIES 11

Georgop
I'm a participant level 1

Can you guys post the tech support number for home Internet. Please.  I've got an outage and resetting the modem doesn't help.

Following the link to your website doesn't help either as it wants me to logon which I for.some.reason can't.  

Thanks

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Georgop and welcome to the Community! Smiley

Internet should be up and running, if restarting the modem does not work we do suggest checking with tech support as you mentioned.

Fido.ca does require you to log in to chat with them, you can also call them at 1-888-259-3436. They're open 24 hours Smiley 

Hope that helps!

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Zy1011,

Welcome to our Community!

That's definitely odd.

Have you tried restarting the modem to see if that helps? Can you power off and unplug the modem from the power outlet, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in the power outlet and power it back on? Then wait for the modem to boot back up and perform another test?

If there's no improvement after rebooting, I would suggest reaching out to our Technical Support to have this looked into. They're available 24/7 and an agent will definitely be able to help you out with this Smiley

They can be contacted here.

Keep us posted on how it goes Smiley

Zy1011

this started happening yesterday. I uplugged the power of modem twice and run the same test. it is the same. This morning, I do the test again and the result is 4.7Mbs which is still half of the expected rating.  

That should definitely not be the case. Did you get a chance to get in touch with the tech team to see if they were able to find a cause on their end?

Let me know! 

Zy1011

chated with your support team this morning and still not seeing any resolution and reason causing this. 

What did they say about what's happening?

Did they mention a possible cause or suggest some troubleshooting steps you might be able to take yourself to correct it? 

Zy1011

I think the support folk don't know the root cause at the moment when I was chating with him, but he verified the upload speed is indeed 4.5Mbps. Since I need to leave to work, I leave it to the support folk to keep investigating(I saw he reset the model twice remotely). However,  two days passed, my upload speed is still around 2.5~4.7 Mbps. 

I would suggest reaching back out to them so they can update you on the status. We'll be happy to check how we can make sure this gets resolved as soon as possible. Smiley 

Tran8

I just got Fido home internet but it is very slow.

Is there any one had the same situation with me? What should I do now? stop using Fido service and choose another?

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Tran8,

Welcome to the Community!

I've moved your post here since it deals with the same subject.

We really wouldn't want to see you go! Can you give the suggestions in the solution a try and let us know how it goes?