cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home internet not working everyday starting around 10am :(

huiraym
I'm a contributor level 1

anyone experiencing this issue? i have performed the basic reset, reboot. Been on call with fido/rogers tech support twice and they finally changed my modem last friday. And today same happened. The modem/router will start malfunctioning, not responding to ping and i needed to unplug, wait for a min and replug and get it to work. It will then work for like 10-15 mins and it die again. It is so frustrating....

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewV
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Huiraym, I am experiencing this same issue now. Every day around 10:00 am my home internet connection stops working for a period of 10-15 mins. The router is not getting an Internet connection from outside, even rebooting the router does not fix the problem. 

It's been like days for last 5-8 days. 

Did you get any solution from Rogers/Fido?. 

huiraym

Some good news. A technical came but didn't explain much. I asked if he experienced the same issues before he avoided my question. He replaced all the connectors and the cable that goes to the modem. To me it doesn't make much sense connectors would crash the modem. But i only rebooted twice the day... instead of 10+ times. And i rebooted them not because the modem crashed (not pingable) but due to lagging speed. I will continue to monitor today and update. 

Hey @huiraym,

If you are keep experiencing drops in the network, please reach out to our home internet tech support team!   

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Is there any plans for Fido internet in Quebec Province?

Hey @khouya Smiley

Our Home Internet service is currently only available in Ontario.
Keep an eye open for the future though, we never know what's to come! 

huiraym

A technical came this morning. Without explaning, changed all connectors. He said the connectors are very important and whenever he sees them he will change them. Did another signal check with his device and said all set. I asked if you explained to me how these connectors could crashed the modem he just said yeah it can. And i asked whether or not you seen this type of issue with your experience, he avoided my question. I feel like he just want to change something and call it done. It wasn't much sense at all..... but will see if this actually fix my issue. I will update here....

huiraym

it happened again today exactly at 10am..... scheduled a technical to come tomorrow....