cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI modem keeps dropping connection

audwon101
I'm a participant level 1

I am reading a lot of posting regarding this issue and I am also having this problem. I am also a new customer that has signed up 2 and a half weeks with Fido Home Internet. The technician came and he said everything was fixed. Yes, Wifi signal was stronger then before, but connection still keeps dropping. I had to reboot the modem everytime that happens. There are days when I had to reboot more then 4 times a day. Chat support told me to setup my modem in an open space and devices should be 1 meter apart from the modem. Which Wifi signal still drops off. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hello @audwoan101 and welcome to the Community.

Is your connection still dropping right now?

Can you share with us the exact model of your modem?

Also, did you have a chance to contact our technical support back so they can troubleshoot your device?

ssaqeel

hi,

i am having the same issue of dropping WiFi connection. Wired connections works fine but the Wifi keeps dropping very frequently. This started happening since last 5 days. Its not one device, all the devices connected to wifi are dropping.

Modem model is : CODA-4582

DOCSIS 33.1 WIFI GATEWAY

Hi @ssaqeel,

Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing the model. 

Sometimes, restarting your model can help. Could we please try to restart your modem? 

Also, have you had the chance to discuss with our Technical support regarding this situation? 

Thank you.