cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Fido Internet to main user account

Serious_Guy
I'm a participant level 2

What is the procedure to add Fido Internet to my old wireless profile. I would thought it would be done automatically and it didn't.

Also tried to register a new user email address and associate Internet account with the new user profile with no luck ( getting system error saying please try later).

Can somebody confirm how/when Fido Internet profile was added for them? Did it ever work for anybody else?

***Edited to add Labels***

15 REPLIES 15

jecca

I'm having the same issue. When I log in using my e-mail address, I only see my mobile account. If I try to register using my internet account number, it says the account is already registered to my e-mail address and I can just log in--but again, when I log in it only shows my mobile account...in short, it's just sending me in circles.

jecca

Yes, obviously it's the same e-mail address for both accounts. The message I'm getting if I try to register with my internet account is literally that the e-mail address is already registered to my mobile account. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying @jecca!

I'll be sending you a PM to take a closer look at the account and see what can be done Smiley

Keep an eye on your inbox, PM coming shortly.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jecca,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

In order for the registration to be successful, the email address that's registered on your Wireless Account needs to be the same as the one on the Internet account. 

Can you confirm if that's the case at the moment, do we have the same email address on our side on both accounts?

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Serious_Guy1
Thanks Emanuel for helping with debugging, finally I was able to login correctly and see both wireless and Internet on the same page.

My issue was that after ordering Fido Internet I continued to login with my original username which was my phone number - this was my mistake! The solution was to open a new account with username that is an email address associated with both wireless and Internet accounts(should be the same) - only then both appeared on the same page login page.

Hey Serious_Guy1!

Thanks for sharing with the Community!

Happy to hear everything is up and running. Smiley

thisismereally
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

i am unable to see my internet account on my account(mobile) as well.

can you help?

thanks.

Hey thiismereally!

Are you logging in to My Account using your phone number or your email address?

Let us know!

thisismereally

Hi,

i login to my account with my phone number.

when i login to the account, i only see "Account Overview - Mobile" option available.

Thanks.

Hey thisismereally!

To be able to see both your accounts you going to need to set up a new My Account profile using your email address as your username. 

You can do this my clicking on Register Now under the login section for My Account.

Let us know how it goes!

thisismereally

Hi,

I just created a new account under the login page, and it is asking me to connect my account. But when i entered my account number, it says the information you've entered is not in our records. I have checked and verified the account number is correct.

Thanks

Good morning!

Are you using the same email address that's associated to your Fido account? 

As for your account number, you're using the 9 digits on the top right of your fido bill, right?

Let me know 😃

thisismereally

Hi,

yes i am signing up with the same email for my cell phone account. I'm also using the account number that was provided to me when I signup for the home internet last week.

Thanks.

In that case, I'll send you a PM so we can check it out Smiley 

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Serous_guy!

That's odd, it should be done automatically! 
I'll send you a PM to look into that for you.