cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Internet Plan

ashleyshu
I'm a participant level 2

The internet plan at my house is under my Fido account but I am moving out. I'd like to transfer it to my housemate that will continue to live there but does not have a Fido account. I was on hold twice for approximately an hour each time and the line got cut both times by Fido's answering machine thing saying that they're "experiencing higher call volumes due to current promotions".

Is there a number that I can call to transfer my services that will not result in useless waiting?

(first fido customer service number that I called: 1-888-481-3436

second fido customer service number that I called: 1-888-236-3436)

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ashleyshu

A change of ownership for a Fido Home Internet service can indeed only be done through our customer service. It is a two-step process. The first step would be the account holder authorizing the transfer, once completed the new subscriber will need to contact us so we can set up a Fido account for them. You can check out all of the different ways to reach out to us from here

We can also send you a PM on the Community from here. Let us know which you'd prefer. 

ashleyshu

Thanks! I ended up getting through to a customer service representative on my third try calling. However, I forgot to ask: can the new subscriber go to a Fido store to create their account and finish the transfer process or do they have to call-in?

To help reduce the risks associated to Covid-19 for both employees and customers, our retail locations are currently only performing certain limited transactions in stores.

In this case, I would suggest reaching out through one of the alternative options found in the link above.

They should be able to complete the credit evaluation and activate the new account over the phone or online. Smiley