cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toronto midtown home internet outage

jhung
I'm a participant level 3

Home internet down again. Started around noon today on Jan 4, 2021. 

When is estimated restoration?

What is the root cause?

5 REPLIES 5

jhung

Internet is not back on the next day around 9:45am. With the poor service levels and unreliable connections, I'll be moving to another provider. The promotional prices just wouldn't cut it especially when everyone's working from home nowadays. 

Hi @jhung

I'm sorry to hear about the internet issues that you have been running into. I'm sending you a PM to look into it closely. 

jhung

Your comment about reaching out to tech support is extremely unhelpful as the time it takes to have someone answer the phone is outrageously long. Their responses are also unhelpful. 

Fido needs a better approach to maintaining service levels and addressing customer issues more efficiently. Or you likely won't get loyal or returning customers.

jhung

Last time, internet want back up until 8pm. This affected my work. I'm close to Mt Pleasant and Eglinton (Toronto midtown)

Today it went down again around 2:45pm. Please advise restoration ETA. 

FidoSaira

Hey @jhung

Sorry to learn that you are experiencing difficulties with your internet services. Are your services now working?

We have not heard about any outage on our end. Can you confirm your area?

We'd suggest that you reach out to the internet technical support team about this. They are best placed to answer your questions relating to internet. They would be able to assist you in troubleshooting as well.