cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3 time out error

gilbertli
I'm a participant level 2

Get a few these errors each day, and connection drop. A tech came checked the cable and replaced the modem. See some improvement but still happenning. Is the T3 time out due to modem or cable? I have Rogers modem on the same cable without any problem.

511/17/20 13:00:1368010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
611/17/20 20:30:3582000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

7 REPLIES 7

FidoAnthony

Hey @gilbertli,

Welcome to the community.

Here's a thread that may help.

Alternatively, you can contact our Fido Home Internet Tech support for help. They can be reached at 1-888-236-FIDO (3436) or you can also contact them through live chat right here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/support

Just scroll to the bottom and click on: Contact us
Afterwards: My Fido Services
And finally, you should see an option towards the bottom of the page that says "Live Chat"

I hope that helps! 😃

gilbertli

Thanks. A tech visit has been arranged.

john315
I'm a participant level 3

I am having similar issue. Did they solve it for you?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @john315!

Have you had the chance to report this to our tech support? 

We suggest giving them a call at 1-888-259-3436 so they can take a look at what's going on Smiley

Hope that helps! 

john315

Yes I reported. A tech came on 12/8, replaced the modem. He said there were some similar cases in the neighbourhood so he would suggest to check the boxes beside the street, and he said that can be done remotely (is that true?).

After the modem was replaced, I didn't notice any difference when everything works. Then on 12/10 the disconnection happened again at night. Exactly the same symptoms: modem status (lights, status in the portal) looks good, router status shows even I am still connected with an external IP address. But I was not able to connect/ping anywhere. The only thing I can do to bring the internet back is to reboot the modem. I notice that after the modem rebooted and all lights turn to normal condition, I still have to wait for couple minutes to get internet back because my router shows " Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly.". This never happened when I was with other cable internet providers that all use Rogers cable. This reminds me on the first day I hooked the Fido modem with residential gateway enabled, it's only assigned a IPv6 but not IPv4 so I could barely use it, until the next day it's fixed by itself. I guess this problem is never fixed.

I contacted Fido again last night when it happened again and another appointment was scheduled. Based on my research online, this is related to the communication between the modem and CMTS and/or some configuration issues with the CMTS. The chat agent can do nothing remotely rather than to make an appointment. I hope the next tech knows what the problem can be and resolve it. Internet is essential nowadays and such instable service is completely unacceptable.

Hey @john315

Let us know if the tech us able to get things fixed for you! 

Great! Let us know how it goes. 😃