Did you mean: 

Suffering Packet loss and Throttled download after 1024MB

Anath80
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

My connection has two problems (all tests conducted on wired ethernet):

1 - concerning packet loss

I'm frequently disconnected during online gaming, and the overall browsing experience is not really snappy.

Using WinMTR I discovered a huge amount of paquet loss

winmtr-fido.jpgwinmtr2-fido.jpg

2 - Throttled downloads

Second, there is a throttling in place on my connection

The images below are screenshots of a download initiated while no previous download on the connection took place.

As you can see, download speed peaks at 30Mb/sec for the FIRST 1024MB of data that I download.

fido1.jpg

Once that amount of data had been reached - at full speed, the connection throttle down to 20Mb/sec, and won't go up ever again until the download ends, and that 3 to 5 minutes have passed.

fido2.jpg

This slow speed reduction shown above is only the result of a logarithmic scale, on another download manager, the drop is pictured differently and instant goes from 30Mb/sec -> 20MB/sec

dl-1.png

It has always been like this, and I haven't complained about it, even though this is totally unacceptable

But since I got major packet loss too, I guess this is the time to solve two issues at once.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Anath80, thanks so much for your patience!

It does look like you may be experience packet loss and we'd love to help out! We checked this out with our tech support team and there's some tests they'll have to run with you to see what exactly is going on and what could be the cause.

Can you please call them at 1-888-259-3436 when you get a chance? They'll be able to check everything out with you! 

Thanks a ton Smiley 

Anath80

Hello,

Could I get a Fido rep answer on this matter ?

@FidoPierre @FidoThomas @FidoKenny 

Thank you

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Anath80!

Thanks a ton for sharing with us, we're going to look into this on our end and we'll get back to you as soon as we have an update to share Smiley

Thanks!