cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed test lies

AMartin223
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So FYI for anyone using the FIDO speed test, despite it warning you to be plugged in and not use WiFi, it doesn't actually test the speed to the device you're testing from, it just shows you either entirely made up numbers, or the numbers from the modem to the internet. I ran a test on a wifi device that should not be able to achieve full speeds, and yet it reported I was getting my full speeds on the device. Testmy.net showed the correct result of ~ 1/3rd the performance download (upload was within margin of error given the upload speeds on the plans are so poor). 

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @AMartin223! Philippe here. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Are you still having trouble with the results since your last post? If yes, have you tried the quick tips below found on the test page?

Try the test again using these quick tips.

• Minimize interference. If you tested over Wi-Fi, try again closer to your modem or switch to your Fido Wi-Fi network with “5G” at the end of the name, if available.
  • Consider your device’s capabilities. If your device has speed limitations, try the test using a different device, or multiple devices simultaneously then total the results.

Keep in mind: Every device online at the same time is using a portion of the total speed for your home.

Let us know.