Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People working at Fido

MayBeeSunshine
I'm a participant level 3

Tuesday February 1st 2022.
Called Fido and talked to Ana about wifi outages.
She gave me 5gb free data for this month and next and also told me about this offer for loyalty customers. $10 extra dollars From 8gb to 40gb but would soon be expiring.  I changed to this plan!
I was passed to other person named Samantha who gave me advice about modem and also said there has been lots of work being done in my community.  She checked Other servers in area and said they are also not connecting to internet. So it's not just me. The service should be back on by 6pm. A text will be sent out when they finish today. Looks like tomorrow will be same sh*t, different day! I talked about modem but think I'll wait to see what happens. Everything has been noted in case it comes to having more problems other than outside maintenance!
I always talk to  helpful, polite, friendly people when I call Fido. I understand that some things are out of their hands but more often than not, they try their best to get to the matter of the issue. I never feel rushed and feel like they value me as customer! Now if only the area maintenance would finally finish the work so that me and the community residents effected by internet outages can login to the world again! As of today I'm still waiting for all issues to get resolved cause my extra data plan is going down fast!

4 REPLIES 4

FidoPhilippe

Hey @MayBeeSunshine! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I totally understand your frustration with not having access to your home internet. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience!

Has there been any change since your post? If not, I would recommend contacting our technical support line to see what they can do to get that going for you. You can do so here.

MayBeeSunshine

Hi FidoPhilippe. No wifi since Wednesday 12:20pm- Thursday 6:38pm (30 hrs) So far it's still on and keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 Everyday is different so hopefully whatever has been causing the outages has been fixed! I will definitely call tech support if it continues past Monday! I also seen that Bell,Rogers, and Telus have had lots of internet outages as well since the Truckers freedom convoy has been started! Thanks for your response!😊 

You're welcome @MayBeeSunshine. Feel free to reach out if you run into any other interuptions. 

MayBeeSunshine

Is there an issue besides maintenance with Rogers/Fido? I only partly listed a few days. I know my modem works cause occasionally I have great Wi-Fi.  Fido tech says it's an area problem! Anyone else having similar issues? 

<span;>January 30th 2022
<span;>No wifi 1pm-2:55pm, 3:22pm- 8pm
<span;>Monday January 31st 2022
<span;>No wifi 11:09am-9:27pm
<span;>Tuesday February 1st 2022
<span;>10:03am-3:30pm,  (Basicly I had a brief 1& half hour internet between 3:30pm & 5:00pm) still nothing from Tuesday 5:00pm - Wednesday 2:30pm...
<span;>Wednesday February 2nd
<span;>No wifi 😢 since yesterday tue feb1st 5:00pm- till wed feb 2nd 9:47pm
<span;>Wednesday February 2nd finally back on at 9:47pm

<span;>Thursday February 3rd 2022
<span;>Wifi working all day
<span;>Friday February 4th 2022
<span;>Wifi working all day
<span;>Saturday February 5th 2022
<span;>Wifi stopped at 12:38pm -5:24pm,
<span;>Sunday February 6th 2022 11:24am-11:28am (came on 2 mins), 11:30am-2:54pm, (came on 2 more mins) , 2:56pm- no more interest
<span;>Monday February 7th 2022
<span;>No wifi from sun 6th 2:56pm - Mon 7th Still waiting at 4:54pm and still no internet...