Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Internet from abroad or suspending

marketa96
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello how are you? 
I have gotten prepaid internet with you.
I am not in Canada for the moment a left last minute and I thought I would be back by then to pay my bill I have to be out of Canada for a while I’m not sure how long, and my roommate is not able to pay for the Internet bill, I am wondering if there is a way to cancel it online, or worse comes to worse put it on hold until I come back and then pay for it? I do not want to have bad credit and my bill to keep pilling up. Because I got a bill over my email saying I have to pay ,but I cannot since I am not there and I have no way of calling to Canada or go in person. Thank you

**Edited to remove personal information**

1 REPLY 1

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey marketa96!

Welcome to the Community! 

Don't worry! You can still pay your bill, even if you are abroad, by logging in to your My Account profile on Fido.ca. From My Account, you can make your payment by credit card or by INTERAC online. 

With regards to your account, you do have the option to suspend your service while you are away. We can suspend your Internet services temporarily for 2 to 6 months for $5 per month, however, this is something that can only be completed with the help of a customer service rep. 

You can find our servicing channels here

Let us know if you would prefer we send you a PM instead.