Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental Controls

natanzel
I'm a participant level 1

Hi to other parents 

I am looking for a way to control the access to our home wifi system. Some modems enable the user to control access for several phone numbers. Is this an feature of the fido modem system?

thanks

N

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Natanzel,

Welcome to the community!

Assuming the modems Fido is using are still the Hintron CGN3AMF, the modem/router does have some limited parental controls (see here).

There are some routers available with more advanced features -- some can even be controlled via apps. If you prefer more control over your children's access you might consider disabling the router function of the modem/router and connecting to a more feature-rich router.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

emad6196

How can I set up a time limit for the Wi-Fi, what I mean I want the Wi-Fi to stop working around 10 pm every night? I called Fido technical and they mention to go the device manger or time manager, however when I log in to the modem I could not find these two. Please help 

Thanks 

Hey @emad6196!

Welcome to the Community Smiley .

I moved your post to the this thread! Take a peak at the accepted solution and you'll find the answer to your question!

Don't hesitate if you have other questions.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@natanzel You can not filter your WiFi based on a device phone number it can be done based on the device MAC address. 

If you login into your router and go to security you should find everything you need there for device filter, keyword filter. The modem will have basic stuff and not as feature rich as a third party router.

Keep in mind the modem itself does what it is intended to do and that's provide you with Internet, if you need additional features that is beyond the modems capabilities then you will need to get a router that has the features you need.