cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

No Internet Service?

Punified
I'm a participant level 3

Late last night my internet dropped and went to sleep thinking it would fix itself. It did not. 

After multiple resets and a hard reset of the modem, it still doesn't work. I contacted live support and my modem doesn't get service but was told the area itself was fine. I also noticed that the second from the top light is flashing green and no present blue lights signalling the internet connection is there. Which is weird since my internet service has always been great up until now.

I would prefer a solution that I could use to fix it myself within the day, and have a technician come by as a last effort as I've had some pretty bad experiences where the technician can't even fix it themselves.

8 REPLIES 8

FanFanFan
I'm a participant level 1

I can't use my internet from this week thrusday, and after 4 days later, it still can't be used. The forth light should be bright, but it didn't bright anymore. So i think something with the internet.

Hey @FanFanFan,

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your internet connection. Have you tried unplugging your modem for 30 seconds and replugging it? That may solve the issue. Otherwise, did you try contacting our internet department at 1-888-236-FIDO (3436)? If the situation persists, I suggest contacting them as they will be able to look into the situation with you.

I hope that helps! 

Jeki1

I have exact same problem! Wiring is fine. My lap top keeps saying I need to go to the internet admin Page 

I did (192.168.0.1) and everything is showing connected and working. No blue light on the router. Please help!

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jeki1

Welcome to the Community! 

That doesn't sound right. Can you confirm whether you tried to restart the modem since the issue started? 

Hey @Jeki1!

Are you still having difficulty with your internet connection? Did restarting your modem change anything?

FidoSaira

Hey @Punified

Welcome to the Community!

That doesn't sound right. I understand how important internet is these days. 

A few factors can influence the connection, but we have to troubleshoot with you in order to get to the bottom of this since it seems like it's the first time your internet has been down. 

What did the technical support say about this situation when you spoke with them?

Did you by any chance move your modem recently?

Punified

Turns out that it was not Fido's problem as I just found out that a wire had been cut witgout knowing what it was whilst working in the backyard.

Thanks for letting us know, Punified!