cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Service for 6 Days

Marferino
I'm a participant level 2

Can you please help. I have been without internet service for 6 Days. I have been with Fido for over 20 years. I have 3 cell accounts and 2 internet accounts and I’m frustrated to the point of cancelling all my accounts. Here are the details.

Thursday Mar 11- I come home from work. No Internet service. I call support and book appointment for Saturday when I’m home.

Saturday Mar 13- Tech calls. He is at the wrong address ( my other account. I have 2 ) 

He can’t come because he has the wrong address. I call support and book another tech who arrives unplugs modem and plug it in again then tests cable running to the white box on the outside of my house. No signal. He looks up at the pole the cable runs to in my neighbours back yard and asks me how he is supposed to fix this. He tells me I’ll need a senior tech. He goes to his van and shows me my other internet account (I have 2) and says he can’t do anything because he has the wrong address (again) and I need to change it. I call and book a senior tech for Sunday and support separates my accounts to resolve the wrong address issue.

Sunday Mar 14- The same tech arrives again who was unable to fix my internet on Saturday. Not a senior tech as booked. This time he finds the node, comes back, tests and no signal. He says the line from the node to my house will need to be replaced and it is a 2 person job.  I call support and book 2 techs for Monday.

Monday Mar 15 - No one calls or shows up. I call support and ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor transfers me to a Fido cell supervisor. The cell supervisor tries to transfer me to an internet supervisor and instead I end up transferred to retentions. Retentions is very helpful and arranges for a man named Matt to call me back in 30 minutes to book an appointment. Retentions says he will call me back the next morning to make sure I’m taken care of. Nothing happens. I call support that evening and book 2 techs for Tuesday (today) They tell me the techs called and went to the wrong address (my other account) Again. There were no calls made to either cell phones associated with my 2 accounts. Support also separates my 2 accounts to resolve the wrong address issue. Again!

Tuesday Mar 16 - No one calls or shows up. I call support and speak to support the 7th time. The supervisor tells me the tech called 3 times and knocked at my door. There were no calls to either of the cell phones associated with my accounts. The supervisor books an appointment for Thursday as there are no appointments tomorrow. 

I have no trust to believe anyone will show up on Thursday. I have some time of work next week and plan to close all 5 of my Fido accounts.

4 REPLIES 4

Blake55
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am new here to Fido Community. But have been a long time Fido user and customer. I have 2 cell phone lines, land line and Wifi modem(internet). I am not sure this is the place to ask but here it goes. Why do I lose internet connection 4 or 5 times a day. Can happen anytime of day or night. This is fustrating when working from home and rying to relax in the evening with th TV. Should I exchange my modem for a newer up to date modem ??? Please advise..

Hey @Blake55

I am sorry to learn that you're having trouble with your internet services. That's not what we want your experience to be!

Is that something you have reported to our internet technical support team? If not, I would suggest reaching out to them directly so they can troubleshoot it with you and if a modem replacement is required, they will need to authorize it.

Marferino

Hi Blake. You should start a new post with your question. You have responded to my question about my problems with Fido. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Marferino,

Welcome to our community! 

I would like to start by thanking you for being a loyal customer for so long and by apologizing for the experience you've had with us! I understand how unpleasant it must be, especially during these times where we rely on our internet connection more than ever. I assure you this is not the experience we wish for any of our customers and we'd love another chance to make things right! 

I'm sending you a PM here on the community to look into it with you, talk soon!