cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line install for coaxial cable

HungNguyen15
I'm a participant level 2

I just register for Fido Home Internet few days ago, after I finish the register and bring the modem home, I realize that I cannot use it since it need a coaxial outlet. Then I call the technical service to help me install a coaxial line to my room. After taking the information they let me choose the appointment schedule between 12pm-2pm or 2pm-4pm, I took the 12pm-2pm. Then they ask me to be home and wait for the technician. I was waiting for 2 hours do nothing waiting then 2pm I got a phone call to let me know that the technician will be late for 30 mins, Ok I'm cool with it just want it to be done. And now 2:40pm while I'm writing this thing, I still have no one come to install it for me, and they charge me 49.99$ for waiting? I haven't use any byte of the internet and I already want to quit it.

4 REPLIES 4

HungNguyen15

Update still no one show up, tracking site not working either.

Hey @HungNguyen15! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience there. Did the technician finally show up for your appointment?

Let us know!

HungNguyen15

He did show up at 3:45pm it wasn't end like that.
I called Fido to get a technician to INSTALL A NEW LINE because my land lord doesn't want to use the splliter. The guy show up and said that he receive the order for wiring and use the splitter? What the hell? I wait nearly 4 hours for that kind of service? I can do it by my self? Does Fido charge customer $49.99 for wiring a stupid cable only? You guys can track back my call request as I was explain so clearly that I won't use the SPLITTER and they said OK that will be $49.99 service and now I end up like this. I can't even blame the technician as that he was receive the order from the company, he just doing his job.

Hello @HungNguyen15

This is definitely not the experience that we want for our customers. To get this looked into, I invite you to contact our customer service using our channels here.