cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My home internet contract is FINISHED and I don't want to continue

Amirmas
I'm a participant level 3

I have held to your answering machine phone system for more than 10 hours for 4 days. I don't like to continue my home internet which has finished at the end of November with the account number: ######## but unfortunately, I received a bill for December now. If Fido continues my contract I'll complain. please let me know why they don't answer and put you on hold when the Fido knows your request is a cancelation. because I figured out when I chose the payment option the fido agent answered just in 2 minutes and this is not ethical and professional. I am so sorry that I've chosen this operator.

5 REPLIES 5

Amirmas

Hi 

@FidoPhilippe I didn't get any pm

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Amirmas

We sent a PM last night, we'll send another one! Please keep an eye on your inbox here on the Community Smiley

Amirmas

Hi @FidoValerie 

I appreciate your immediate response to my message. Actually, I had 12 months discount from the last year on Black Friday and t's finished on Nov 29, and I tried to continue my discount by Fido but the Fido's agent told me that they couldn't renew for more than 12 months discount for my home internet. So I moved from this address and I got my service from another operator with a discount on this black Friday.

Then I've tried to cancel my Internet service from 2 days before 27 November by now, but unfortunately, I have held to your answering machine phone system for more than 12 hours for near a week without any response and I couldn't cancel my service yet . 2 days ago I received a bill from fido without discount for December. Now I have 2 bills from 2 operators. I tried all ways on your website and support channels to cancel my service. all of them referred me to the call center and the call center don't answer my call. So the way that works best for me is you and this community. Also, I was thinking to submit a complaint before you replied to me.

Please cancel my service and let me know the next step for returning the modem.

Thank you for your support!

Amir M. A.

Hey @Amirmas! Philippe here. I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley

FidoValerie

Hi @Amirmas Smiley

I'm sorry to learn that you'd like to cancel your service, but I would like to clarify that there is no contract with the Home Internet packages.

Therefore, you're free to cancel or change your plan at any time.

When it comes to the wait on the phone, we're currently a lot busier than usual, due to the recent Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers. We do apologize for the inconvenience!

If you prefer not to wait on the line, you can always contact us through our other support channels here.

Alternatively, we can also send you a PM through the Community, if that works best for you!