Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem lost in shipment

SaadAhmed
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I ordered Fido internet service last week. They shipped the modem the same day and the purolator website shows it was delivered the next day but i never received it.

I contacted the support 3 times in last 5 days and they always say that they will send new one in 24 to 48 hours but nothing happens. What should i do? How do i cancel this service and not get charged for anything? They already emailed me a bill for the service that never used. I am very upset, please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Victoria06
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, 

I have the same problem. I hired Fido internet service and they shipped the modem via purolator. Purolator tracking says it was delivered at the front door. No signature was required because Fido specified that the modem did not required a signature. Therefore, the purolator delivery guy placed it on the "front door" and no slip was also issued. Anyhow, I have contacted support twice already in the past days. The first time, support told me that a claim has been issued and new modem was going to be sent. I do not receive a confirmation email. So I called again the next day. The second support call, said that they have tried to contact me several times via phone. According to my phone records I do not any missed calls. Therefore they did not call me as they claim they did. Moreover, the second support call also mentioned that the original claim has been escalated and a wait of 48 hours was expected to in order for Fido to conduct an investigation. The support person told me on the same call that I had to wait 5 days for them to conduct the investigation (contradictory information). Could not clarify properly. Anyhow, he said that the only thing I could do is wait for them and a call from Fido. I have yet not received a call. I am a student, and since my university courses are all held online (due to Covid restrictions) I therefore must require an internet connection immediately. I simply cannot wait another 5 days for a call (if they even make one). I am truly desperate and axious. My academics are at risk. Moreover, Fido has already charged me for the first term and I have not used it because I got no wifi modem. Please help. Thank you

Hey @Victoria06

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

I'm truly sorry to hear about this situation, as I do understand a Home Internet connection is quite important these days.

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this together.

Talk soon!

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @SaadAhmed,

We'll get back to your PM as soon as possible. Also, in order to reach customer service, you can contact us over these methods