cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Swap failed - Still waiting for answer

SIPN
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I had my Fido Internet modem swapped on Dec-1. Some system issues happened and the the modem swapped order was "stuck" in their backend system. Have been calling Fido customer service in the past few days, after hours on the phone, the only common answer was that the matter has been escalated to IT (blackhole) with no ends in sight. Have to say the customer service agents have been great they tried to help. I even tried to call back the Fido store where I swapped the modem hoping they could find my old modem back, too bad no luck there. Has anyone experienced lost of service due to modem replacement issues? If so, what was the longest down time you had? Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @SIPN! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

Although these problems are rare, once they occur, they do prevent us from doing anything until the problem is fixed by our IT team. The typical turnaround for this is usually pretty quick, but it can sometimes take longer to resolve if their dealing with something more complex. Rest assure, that in either case, we're trying to get that fixed as fast as we can.

I do apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused!