Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet unstable since last firmware update CODA-4582 7.1.1.32

megaman
I'm a participant level 3

@FirmwareTrial 

Modem is in bridge mode. 
Most stable firmware was 2.0.10.36T6, which didn't need powercycle for months. 

Now that the modem is updated to 7.1.1.32 (new kernel as well), constantly have issues(3-4 times per week) where status lights are in good shape, signal levels 0 to 3dBmV downstream and 40-41dBmV upstream. 
Router would complain that there is no internet connection, release and requesting new IP from modem would result in no response as if DHCP server is not working on Rogers/Fido side. Rebooting router at this point does not fix the issue. 

Only after power cycling the modem would the issue be resolved, but it's a bit much to do that 3-4 times a week and sometimes during work-from-home business hours. 

I am putting all this information down because of the many recent topics are about constant disconnection. 

The correlation looks to be due to new firmware if customers have not changed anything on their end. 

Please relay this back to Rogers and have a solution soon, even rolling back firmware should be an option when job requires remote work/web conference/calls over the web. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hey @megaman

You had a chance to go over this with our technical support to have this fixed? 

megaman

@FidoKenny 

It happened again yesterday at 11PM, which is great timing as it did not impact work. 

So I did open technical chat, the rep said my modem looks fine. He applied some changes on the backend for me and said if it happens again, I will have to go into Rogers store to change modem. 

The CODA modem is the latest revision at 2A already and it was working fine prior to the firmware update that was pushed in the last couple of months. 

Anyways, will monitor for any issues again and hopefuly not during business hours again. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update @megaman

For future reference, please provide any feedback for the modem firmware trial on this thread, for better visibility.

That said, can you give more information on the changes/troubleshooting steps done with the help of our technical support team? Please make sure you post the follow up reply on the feedback thread.

We can also roll back the previous firmware version to your modem (non-trial version), if you'd like to opt out of the trial. To do so, message @FidoSolutions with the subject line “Fido Home Internet Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.

Hope this helps Smiley