cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working

Ksantossara
I'm a participant level 2

When I opened up an internet account with Fido . I was told the technician didn't have to come into my unit to activate it , because it could be done downstairs in the building . I plugged in my box today and nothing , tried calling and nobody decides to answer . I've seen many reviews about false activation claims , 5-12 days wait , but this was all after I had already made the purchase . If I cancel right now instead of waiting for you guys to decide to activate it when you please will I still get charged the monthly fee ? Even tho it was NEVER used .

5 REPLIES 5

Ksantossara

Seems strange , since I called once again today and was told it only took 48 hours at most , they also said my account was activated yesterday but the modem isn't working . I've tried everything and still only the two top ones light up and the 3mg one if I'm not mistaken (could be a different number ) . 

Do you have another coaxial plug somewhere in your house where you can test the modem out?

If your services are active but the modem seems to be acting up still, it would be best for you to reach our technical support team on phone or on live chat so that they can run some tests on your modem. If the modem is faulty, they will be able to send you a new one.

Ksantossara

Unfortunately there's only one . And I did , I was promised he would come from 10-1 and will call me 30 before arrival , I've been waiting and nothing . So I'm going to cancel since I'm already missing a day of school because of this . Do you know if I will still get charged the monthly fee ? Or get charged a cancellation fee ? Thanks 

I am sorry to learn that @Ksantossara! Were you able to get in touch with our internet technical support department about this?

As for your bill, it will be published a few days after your billing cycle's closing date with the monthly fee. If you cancel before the billing cycle ends, the charges will be prorated based on the numbers of the days the service was active on your account. I do understand that you were unable to use the service though. Please reach out to us through these channels and we'll take a look at your account together.

FidoVan

Hi there @Ksantossara and welcome to the Community!

Internet orders are usually activated within 72 hours. That said, what happens exactly when you plug your modem? Do any lights lite up?

Here's a guide that can maybe help you. Keep us posted and let us know where exactly you are having difficulties!