Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet having issues with zoom calls and WhatsApp calls

shailurajarra
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Team,

is anyone has same issues as me. 

I kept the modem center of my home, it shows 150+ mbps speed. Still I see the internet doesn't goes to all rooms . To over come this I am using D-link.

second issues, even it is stronger it has issues with the Zoom calls and what's app calls mainly and in Microsoft teams it gives some time problem.

is any one has the same issue, if yes how it is fixed?

@support

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Shailurajarra,

Welcome to the community!

@shailurajarra wrote:.. To over come this I am using D-link...

Could you please clarify how you're using D-Link? Is that device a router? If it is, are you using it as a router or just a repeater?

When adding internet at home, you're essentially creating a mini-network. Every device on that network needs to have a unique address. Generally, that address is usually referred to as an IP address. The main function of a router is to provide each connected device a unique IP address so it knows where to direct data. To do so, it uses dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP). Everytime a device connects, the router assigns it an IP address. Depending on other connected devices, the exact IP address might change from connection to connection. Most routers also allow users to set static IP address so a particular device can have the same address everytime it connects.

Generally, having two devices (modem and router) assign IP addresses not a very good idea since it's possible each server could assign the same IP address to different devices. So either the modem or router can assign IP address, not both. Depending on the functions of the modem and router, the main options are to: i) have modem in bridge mode (router acts as DHCP); or ii) have router in repeater mode (modem acts as DHCP).

With the first option, the modem can only attach to the router and will not be able provide any Wifi because IP addresses are assigned by the router. With the second option, both the modem and router can provide Wifi. The router would essentially provide an extension for the modem.

It's possible that multiple devices with the same IP address can cause issues with high continuous data transfer applications such as voIP. Is it possible that both your modem and D-Link are acting as DHCP servers?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

shailurajarra

Yes, it's always. 

I called support , they book a technician appointment. He comes and says everything looks good, but my issue is never solved. 

tomorrow also appointment booked . Hoping better this time

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @shailurajarra! Smiley

Do you only experience this problem when you use those types of services? Does everything else work smoothly?

If so, does this happen at specific times of day? It may be related to the apps and/or congestion on their services.

If it happens at all times and consistently, please reach out to tech support at 1-888-259-3436 so that they can take a look.

Thanks!