cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet... Why is Fido charging $20 more than Virgin for the exact same service?

JG123
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Why is Fido internet charging 20$ more for the exact same service as Virgin mobile internet?

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@JG123 wrote:
Why is Fido internet charging $20 more for the exact same service as Virgin mobile internet?

Hello JG123,

Welcome to the community!

You should note when comparing the services, Virgin Mobile and Fido internet are not exactly the same.

Cost and advertised speeds aside, since Virgin Mobile is a subsidary of Bell, their internet would be DSL-based versus Fido's cable-based internet (Rogers). People have been disagreeing about which one is better ever since their conceptions. You can decide for yourself. That said, your choice may be limited depending on where you live. Both offerings are currently only available in select areas.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JG123!

Welcome to the Community!

If you are talking about our Fido Internet service, I've noticed we have the same prices, for a faster service. 

Were you talking about the Fido Internet service?

@FidoManuel I think @JG123 is referring to the new customers price and not the price for existing Fido customers.

Hey @JG123

Can you confirm if you are indeed referring to the Internet home service or mobile internet?