Home internet review/opinions?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Home internet review/opinions?

Hey there,

Just curious for those who have tried out Fido home internet! What are your opinions, experiences and reviews. How does it compare to other providers? Speeds? Consistency.. Etc!

Thanks!

***Edited to add Labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 31
Highlighted

Re: Home internet review/opinions?

Ok. I swtiched to fido plan about 2 mths ago. Evrerything was good before -was also under Rogers network..just to pricey. Only thing changed in my network is the installation of fido modem. Eversince I have been getting dropped signals..I am a bit techy so narrow it down to poor wifi strength coming from the modem..not my devices.

Every since signed up cannot get hold of customer service unless you have a good hour to spend on the phone.

Finally yesterday I talked with their tech support - confirmed the problem is with the modem. So I am willing to swap for different modem. Not this same type to chance getting same problem. Got all authorisation and goes to the store. Now spends 2 hrs there..first because they only carry the same type..service reps at the store not helpful as there is no commission in this.after lot of fuss manager calls other stores..but still no lock.

Top it off they accidentally placed a work order on their system to exchange the modem..now that I am not taking that exchange they start having technical system issues reactivating my equipment...they dont have the authority..so has to call in..niw spent 2 hrs on hold plus ...and got nothing done..

Finally took back my modem home..as it was essential that I have some kindda service for work tomorrow.

So how would I rate it? Extremely poor but sad thing is going to the others are all the same.

Canada service providers monopolize and the customer cant do anything.

My familynis from the Caribbean..thise guys in 3rd world country haa so much better options, plans and service its amazing.

Something needs to be done. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 31
Highlighted

We’ve had Fido internet for about 4 months and I’m afraid it’s not great. My son complains that his connection drops while he’s gaming and I find we often have challenges connecting various devices. 
I really wish this had been successful but I think I’m going to be switching providers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 31
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mskristytee!

That definitely should not be happening and we would hate to see you go because of this! 

Have you reached out to our technical support team so that they might be able to investigate what may be causing this?

You can reach our Internet Technical Support team through Live Chat, 24/7.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 31
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I don't recommend fido internet service it is so expensive and slow. Even customer service is the worst among all providers. Apology i don't recommend fido at all. 
Here is my experience with fido:

- I placed an order for the internet on 5th April, modem didn't arrive up until 17th of the April.

- I called back to know why it took long as the service agent promised it would be delivered with in a week. It seems to be internet order was canceled without my knowledge.

- Placed new order and modem arrived within the mentioned time frame. But when i tried to cancelled rogers service which had before. They offered me 500mbps download and 30 mbps upload for 29.00 per month inclusive of every thing even HST. 

- Then naturally i decided to cancel FIDO that even the model was not hooked up yet. Called a customer service rep he took over 15mins and he was still digging into the system. He asked a bunch of account verification questions. He did ask me about rogers offer. He asked me if i could transfer this line to someone else. He didn't cancel the line.

I called another person. he did transfer to another department. Another person transferred to another line nobody picked up a phone there too.  This is my experience. This is a real example of ignoring customers. I am going to forward this to the consumer rights body. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 31
Highlighted

Hello @Nareshdhami,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to hear that this wasn't the best experience. It isn't at all what we aim for and we appreciate your feedback.

If you need further help, we're always available through these platforms

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 31
Highlighted

I had a chat with a live agent for the fourth time. He was again suggesting to transfer to supervisor. I spent another 40 mins to cancel the same internet service.
Fido is going to charge me an estimated 15-16$ fo the service i never used. This is a full proof of how fido's conducting it's business practices. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 31
Highlighted

Hey @Nareshdhami! That's not at all our intention and we want your account transactions with us to be as quick and efficient as possible.

Can you let us know if this was resolved? If it wasn't, let us know and we'll send you a private message here on the Community so we can look into things Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 31
Highlighted

Worse internet service in Canada @fidomobile

Call them on Monday and they said I should call back on Friday
Called them on Friday and they
Kept me on the phone for 4 hours only to tell me I can disconnect if I want
Customer service is **bleep**

Don’t use them

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 31
Highlighted

Hey @Asek

That doesn't sound right. For assistance with any technical difficulties you're experiencing, our home internet technical support team is available 24/7 by phone or live chat.

For any other request, you can immediately reach out to us on any other channel using that same link.  A Fido representative will be happy to help.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 31
Highlighted

Disgusting service, I cannot describe to you the lag, the inconsistent connection, the poor signal, and so much more. I switched from start.ca because I would experience a complete service interruption almost once a month and would have a super slow connection at night for some reason. Oh, boy was it a treat with Fido... I've been with them for less than a month and am already cancelling. In fact, I am on the phone right now and have been on hold for 45 mins. Their connection is just like their service. The connection is almost NOWHERE near the speeds that I'm subscribed to (75mbps for $65) and almost never reaches 60mbps in the first place. I have my settings configured properly and often switch between bands and still no avail. I have been a customer with Fido since I came to this country and I can honestly not wait to switch. A money-sucking corporation that can't even give it's customers of 10+ years a discount on WiFi because "there is currently a high demand for our services".

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 31