cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet

Motomaster
I'm a participant level 3

I have Fido home phone and mobile phone I was also interested in getting Fido home internet but when I check online not available in my area I am surprised because I have source cable which is now owned by Rogers was wondering if any idea when Fido internet will be available in source cable area.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Motomaster,

@Motomaster wrote:

I have Fido home phone and mobile phone I was also interested in getting Fido home internet but when I check online not available in my area I am surprised because I have source cable which is now owned by Rogers was wondering if any idea when Fido internet will be available in source cable area.

To be honest, I'm not sure if Fido internet would ever be available in Source cable territory. I understand that they were purchased by Rogers, however, I believe it remains a separate entity (similar to Fido). As such, Source's and Rogers' networks remain separate platforms. As far as I am aware, Source Cable has not had any resellers use their networks (see here). Even though they share the same parent company, Fido would be considered a reseller. Whether the regulatory framework eventually applies to Source cable as well, only time will tell.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hey @Motomaster and thanks for reaching out.

It would be great to have you for the Home Internet service as well.

Where are you located exactly?

Motomaster

I am located in Hamilton Ontario in the area of Upper Wentworth and Rymal I have checked availability online shows not available.

@Motomaster, we are always looking to expand our services so keep an eye out on the website for any updates.

Thanks for your interest Smiley