cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet constantly drops

vprm
I'm a participant level 2

For the last month my home internet has been so unreliable, dropping connection randomly throughout the day and night. I have already contacted technical support, they were supposed to get back to me within a few days but haven't. I didn't bother following up bc it improved only dropping once or twice a day but now it's been at least 3 weeks and the problem is only worse. Can't get through streaming a movie without it pausing and loading constantly. I lose connection while working from home all the time too which makes work so inefficient. They need to tell me what's wrong and fix it.

7 REPLIES 7

frqlkhn
I'm a participant level 3

happening with me as well

Hey @frqlkhn !

Welcome to the Community. Very_Happy

Sorry to see you're experiencing drops in your Home Internet service.

Did you already reach out to our Tech Support team for assistance?

You can reach them 24/7 over the phone or via Live Chat. Smiley

Keep us posted!

frqlkhn

I tried, the wait times are too long

I understand it's not always ideal to wait on the line or for a chat representative.

However, it would truly be the best option to get help for your service.

As much as we'd love to help from here, we do not have access to your account or the tools necessary to troubleshoot this with you.

They would also be able to schedule an appointment with a technician or replace your modem, if necessary. Smiley 

If you do have any questions though, the Community is here for you! 

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @vprm, welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are not having the best experience with our service. 

I have a few questions:

-What was the troubleshooting Tech Support did with you?

-Have you tried unplugging and plugging the modem again?

If you still are having some issues I would suggest reaching out to our customer service reps, they will be more than happy to help you out!

You can see our servicing channels here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us/my-fido-services

vprm

The person in tech support, through my camera phone, walked me through unplugging all cables/connections to the modem then plugging it all back in. Then told me they would be monitoring it for a couple days and get back to me to report findings. Haven't heard anything but I don't have time to be constantly calling with a toddler and working from home. I have also been doing what tech support told me to do frequently. It's ridiculous. I am definitely and currently looking at other providers.

Hey @vprm

We'd be sad to see you go, but I totally understand it's not ideal to be calling, if you're busy.

However, you can also have support from our Home Internet Tech Support team via Live Chat. Smiley

They're available 24/7 to help!