cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron CGN3AMF Firmware Update

DDDDDDDDD
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Rogers is doing a trial of new firmware to resolve known latency issues with Hitron modems.  As a Fido customer they will not accept us into the trial.  Does Fido have the ability to push out this update if requested?

i am concerned with doing voice over ip with the amount of jitter caused by these modems. 

** Edited to add labels **

24 REPLIES 24

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @daz411!

No update on this just yet, but you can definitely use your own router with our modem.

Although our modem does have a built-in Wi-Fi router, if you want to use your own you would just need to activate bridge mode.

Hope this helps Smiley

@FidoNick wrote:

No update on this just yet, but you can definitely use your own router with our modem.

Although our modem does have a built-in Wi-Fi router, if you want to use your own you would just need to activate bridge mode.

Hello FidoNick,

I believe one of the issues with the old firmware was with using the modem in bridge mode. Some customers were noting that their modems would randomly reboot and/or the ports would randomly shut down when the modems were in bridge mode. So they would need the new firmware update before they can reliably use their own router with the modem...

Cheers

Hey @pasteusername !

I want to assure you that we're here and your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears. I can understand that you didn't have the best experience with us to date, and for that I offer my sincere apologies.  We strive to offer competent and efficient service, and would love nothing more than to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have .

Hey @pasteusername

Sorry to see that the issue with your modem was not resolved yet.

Like @FidoPierre mentioned, it's definitely something that we are looking into.

We will forward this to our support team. As soon as we have more information on our end, we will definitely let everyone no here on the Community.

Meanwhile, if you need any assistance with your Fido account, don't hesitate to let us know and we will send you a PM.