cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to pay to access my payment history!

sadeghianv
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2
I have been a fido customer for more than 10 years. Recently I asked fido to provide me with the payment history for a Fido home Internet that I had until Dec 2020. Fido denied my request! Once I insisted that I need my payment history, they told me that I have to pay 15$ for each month's payment history! This is ridiculous. I paid about $100-200 per month for more than 10 years and now I cannot even access my payment history. Is this how you value your loyal customers? charge them for accessing payment information?! Very disappointed with my experience. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sadeghianv,

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your experience. However, most companies usually only keep the most recent records readily available. For example, customer online access to bills is generally only available for the previous 12 to 18 months (lenght of time may vary depending on company). Older billing information would likely be archived. If customers wanted access to archived bills, there would be a reprint charge.

I understand you are looking for your payment history rather than bills per se. However, until Dec 2020 would be more than 18 months. That information would still likely be archived.

You might cosider contacting your payment method to retrieve that information. That said, it's likely that information is also archived with your bank, credit card, etc. They might also require a fee to retrieve older information.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers