cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Customer Service Rep Lied to me

fanwarde
I'm a participant level 2

I am new customer who tried to get internet for my apartment on June 1st. The customer service lied to me that the promotional offer for new internet service will end on 23rd of May which was a lie because I confirmed with the second customer service rep that I contacted and she said there is no expiration for the offer. I immediately cancelled the service with FIDO and the Customer Service Rep confirmed that it was cancelled. I then get an email saying the modem has been shipped even though I called the service. Really disappointed even before the service has started. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaira

Hey @fanwarde,

Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to learn that your experience was not up to par with the service we aim to provide our customers. We appreciate your feedback very much! 

Most of our promotions have an expiration date though and are subject to change any time! Can you tell me a little bit about what you were offered?

As for the cancellation, did you receive an email confirmation that the account was cancelled? You can double-check with us by reaching out through these channels.That said, you can always decline to take the modem when it is delivered to you. This way, it will be returned to us automatically.

fanwarde

Hi,

I called up Fido and cancelled my service atleast 3 times. I declined the modem at delivery and sent it back to fido. 

Fido received the modem and ended up sending the modem back again even though I cancelled it. 

Been a big headache dealing with the company I have been going in circles for days and no proper action has been taken. 

Hey @fanwarde

What did you do with the modem? Did you return it again?