cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet but no Wifi on Fido Home Internet?

OttawaStudent12
I'm a participant level 2

Hello everyone, 

My internet just cut-out 30 minutes ago, and I was able to bring it back (after unplugging, resetting the router, etc...) but only via a Ethernet connection to my desktop. I'd like it if my phone could connect (Without using my network card to "hotspot" my computer's connection) so I'm wondering what's going wrong. 

For reference I unplugged multiple times and hit the reset button once (for good effect apparently) and get 1 green power button, 2 blue up and down buttons, the green 5G button (and the ethernet ones too naturally). Particularly confusing (since this is apparently the right combo of lights) is that, after resetting, the name of the router in my desktop connections menu is still the old wifi name.

Any tips for getting my phone on the network? 

EDIT: Logged into the Wifi admin page and everything looks fine, what is the problem? My laptop will also not connect.  

wifi1 (2).png

wifi2 (2).png

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @OttawaStudent12

Welcome to the Community. 

Did everything come back to normal? Or are you still experiencing these difficulties with your connection?

If so, I would suggest reaching out to our Fido Home Internet technical support. You can reach them through live chat 24/7. 

OttawaStudent12

No, unfortunatly it appears the hardware is broken. I downloaded a Wifi scanner onto multiple computers and all were unable to find the networks (despite them saying it was fine and broadcasting). 

I'm going to get a proper router and bridge it. 

I understand, keep us updated on if this works out. If not, we would definitely suggest reaching out to our Fido Home Internet Technical support so they can check this out further with you!