cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does fido block openvpn's ports? What ports does fido block?

Jw14
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Does fido block openvpn's ports?

Specifically 443 and 1194.

Currently I can only get 22 forwarded to my devices. And it seems none other port works with port forwarding

5 REPLIES 5

FidoRuth
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Jw14

At this present point in time those port are currently blocked by Fido to secure our clients and our network. Technically speaking, Fido does not offer an email service and thus does not provide the option to create a pass through that would allow a specific email to be sent from an email client like outlook. Therefore to send an email you would need to use your personal webmail client.

I hope this helps.

Grand_Total
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi @FidoRuth those ports are not blocked on my connection and never have been. If they become blocked I shall have to look for another ISP.

Hey @Grand_Total!

For mobile phones this is the case, but, for home internet it's different. That's why they are not blocked on your end. 

If you have any difficulty accessing these ports in the future it would be best to reach out to our technical support team for assistance. 

Grand_Total

Hi @FidoAmanda I answered the way I did because we are discussing this topic in the Fido Home Internet forum.

Grand_Total

I have just checked and on my Fido connection neither of those ports are blocked, port 1434 however is blocked.

I am using my gateway in bridge mode, I don't know if that is relevant or not.