cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Charge Phantom

HS89
I'm a contributor level 1

I cancelled my account on Oct 19 due to very bad setvice and returned the equipment on Oct 22nd. I see an illegal charge if $273 on my credit card. Have reached out to fido several times with no luck. Will be filing a legal complaint. If there is anyone else who have been scammed by fido please reach out by responding to the post.

11 REPLIES 11

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @HS89,

When canceling an account and returning the device/equipment depending on your billing cycle you can be charged for the full month and on your final invoice you will have a credit which Fido will refund, this is what it sounds like is happening here and Fido is not scamming you.

HS89

Nope. I returned the equipment on time and have full proof of that. The fido invoice says that they that they took $273 as the equipment was not returned which is a scam. 

Hey @HS89 and welcome to the Community!

We're sorry to read about your experience which led you to close your account with us.

So we can sort your bill out with the modem charge, please reach us out on our social media platforms here so we can check this out with you, thank you!

HS89

I did that already. Fido accepted that the equipment was returned but as they are not able to locate the modem they will not be returning the charged amount. I am filing a consumer complaint and deal with Fido in court.

HS89

Btw fido accepted it was their mistake in writing.

Hey @HS89,

That's not the experience we want for our customers.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line

- Via live chat on Fido.ca

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 

HS89

That was done several times and proved useless.

You're going to sue us? That doesn't sound good. 

Please send us a PM so we can discuss this in more depths together. 

Thank you 

isam2003
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I think my problem has just started.  I dropped off the modem as instructed by Fido 10 days ago with Canada Post.  However, the modem has not yet been delivered as of date.  The Canada Post tracker shows a 'Delayed Delivery' notification each day.  In the  meanwhile, Fido has charged me for the service.  If the delivery does not happen soon, I might continue seeing service charges for a service that was cancelled on Dec 1, 2022. 

HS89

I am suing Fido. If you want to join me please let me know.

HS89

Be persistent and keep get all correspondence in writing. I returned the equipment at a Fido store the day after I cancelled the service. Fido is penalizing me for them misplacing the modem.