cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coda-4582U drops connection randomly

leoliuhy12
I'm a participant level 3

Ever since we had the modem Coda-4582U three weeks ago, we've been experiencing very bad intermittent connection drops: when I'm in a Zoom meeting I would be removed without telling me anything; when I'm playing video games I would be disconnected without a sign. The worst is that during the drop, the internet bar still displays full connection and none of the lights on the modem change at all. We've called tech support three times, during the first tech support call, they sent over a tech support, who later replaced the modem with a new one. However, the issue only became worse after this tech support visit as we start getting more often intermittent drops as one would occur every few minutes.

After calling tech support again, we were informed that everything was "fine on their end" and nothing was "out of order", though the problem is still ongoing and we get dropped from the internet every now and then.

Thanks in advance to anyone who would be able to provide help.

5 REPLIES 5

leoliuhy12

Hello guys,

Here to give some updates on this issue.

A technician was sent over about two weeks ago and the wifi has been since then fine. If I understand correctly, there was a splitter that's not being used by the previous owner. Since it was not connected on both ends, there would be some intermittent from the empty splitter. The technician wired this end off and everything works perfectly now. Thank you all!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @leoliuhy12,

If you had the modem replaced and you are still getting the problem it could be something on your network that causes the issue and the only way to find it is by disconnecting everything then connecting them one at a time giving some time in between to see if the issue would happen.

It could also be interference from a device move the modem if it is close to any other electrical device.

You might want to also take a look at other WiFi signals close by if your neighbour's WiFi is on the same channel as yours if could cause a lot of noise and create issues. They are lots of apps that you can use to see all the WiFi signals in your location and what channel they are using.

leoliuhy12

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to us! However, we've tried multiple times disconnecting everything and connecting again, this affects all the devices in our apartment no matter where we are. If it's a network problem, how may we fix it? What are one of the apps that we may use to check WiFi signal?

Thanks a lot.

Hello, again @leoliuhy12,

Do you have anything plugged into the LAN port? If so does that disconnect also? If it does not then we know the issue is strickly with the WiFi.

I'm an Android user and these are some of the APPS I've used in the past.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_CA&gl=US

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_CA&gl=US

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.techet.netanalyzer.an&hl=en_CA&gl=US

leoliuhy12

Hello,

A technician came over today, he apparently found an issue inside our coax cables and removed an empty splitter that could lead to noise to our coax cable and internet intermittent.

Unfortunately, the issue is still present and the internet disconnects me as always.

Any help?

Thanks.