Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Home Internet

rishabhjiresal
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I had one of the worst experiences at Fido today. I had called customer service yesterday 06-Oct-2020 for the cancellation of my Fido Home Internet. He talked to me properly and apparently canceled the service and asked me to return the modem to the nearest Fido store. He even told me which store is the nearest one so that I can return the modem. He asked me to return it within 5 days to avoid a charge of around $250 which is a lot to me since I am a student. I got no email or notification of any cancellation.

The next day, today 07-Oct-2020 I go to the Fido store to return the modem. The guy at the store cannot find my account number in their database! He asks me to hold on for some time and calls Fido customer service. And what they tell him is that customers are not allowed to return the modem in store and I (customer) now need to mail the modem to Fido. And the reason for this - Due to COVID, Fido has stopped accepting the returns in store. The guy asks me for my email address and tells me that I will get an email soon that will have a prepaid label for shipping. I am waiting for the email and I have got 3 days now to return the modem. If I get no email, I am asked to call the customer service again which needs holding the line for an hour. I did everything that was told to me and still, I have to keep calling customer service?

First thing, why did the previous customer service representative (who canceled my Home Internet) ask me to return the modem in store?

Second, why doesn't the store representative help me with the modem return?

The third and most important thing, I do not want to pay $250 for the modem for not returning it. I went to the store and they were the ones who had an issue with my account - I don't know what issue exactly. I have now got 3-4 days to return counting from the cancellation call, who will be responsible for the delay? Me? Of course not because I am trying to reach you as much as I can and I find no help. Please help me with my issue.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @rishabhjiresal, thank you for reaching out to us through the community!

Due to the current situation of COVID-19, for the safety of our employees, the modems can't be received at the store. This is why we are using courier return a lot more nowadays. However, before the pandemic, returning at the store was in fact possible. 

We definitely apologize, for the runaround this caused for you. 

Regarding the return, please let us know if you encounter any issues with the return as well as the modem fee, we will take a look at that with you without a problem. 

Thank you for your understanding and let us know if you have any further questions!

rishabhjiresal

Thank you so much @FidoDaniela for your reply. 

I called the Fido customer service today and I got a mail for printing the return label (Canada Post label). I have posted the modem today. I hope I won't get charged now. 

Great!

Please keep us posted on what's going on!