Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel home internet

Davidtai
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I would like to cancel my FIDO home internet and the next billing cycle is Nov.13rd. 

If I request to cancel it now, can I continue using it until Nov.13rd or is it effective immediately? 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

chachen
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Can you please provide an itemized list of all the equipment that was provided in the box so a return has all the required items? Thank you 

Hey @chachen,

Welcome to the community!

When returning your modem, it's important to return it back with everything it came with, which includes;

- Modem

- Power adapter

- Ethernet cable

- Coaxial cable

- Splitter

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Davidtai,

I'm sad to learn that you want to close your Internet account, is there a reason for that?

You can request the cancellation now for a future date and you'll continue to be billed and have access to the service until that date. Here are some important points to keep in mind:

• You’ll need to return all the equipment (modem, power supply and cables) to a store within 5 days or else you will get charged a fee of $249.95 for the un-returned equipment. To see if a store accepts returns check the fido.ca store locator.
  • If you are unable to bring the equipment to a store yourself, someone can go on your behalf with the account number.
  • If you have a My Account profile on fido.ca, you'll continue to have limited access to your online account after the deactivation. You'll be able to view your last 18 months invoices and make payments online.

To complete the transaction, an agent will need to access your account. You can reach out to us here or we can PM you on the Community, let us know what you prefer.