cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i return my fido internet modem through mail?

Afeerakhalid
I'm a participant level 1

I have cancelled my home internet but the agent said i have to return the modem in store and the nearest store is in another city almost 30 minutes drive for me. Is there anyway i can return it through mail?

8 REPLIES 8

nbaquri
I'm a participant level 2

I cancelled my order for fido wifi 3 days before. Fido store is in another city. I need to know if i can courier the modem?

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @nbaquri

Welcome to the community Smiley

Have you already cancelled your home internet service as well? Once the deactivation is effective you'll have a limited amount of time to return the modem before it's billed to your account.

You can indeed have the modem returned by courrier, and we'll be sure to reverse the modem charge as soon as we receive the equipment.. To get started, you can reach out to us on these channels, or we can send you a PM on this platform if you prefer.

Let us know!

nbaquri

Yes i had called the rep to cancel but i sidnt recieve any conformation mail . 

Yes i would like to courrier it . Please let know via thus post

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

No worries @nbaquri

Sending you a PM so we can go over the changes made and follow up on the modem return.

Talk to you soon!

Buvyv

So I have modem to return and the grace period is ending and I have no way to go into a store without taking off from work at unreasonable hours cause the closest shop that does receiving is in another city. Called customer service and they just refuse to give me an alternative. So I'm guessing fido policy is to rob their customer an extra $250 rather have the equipment back?

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Buvyv,

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here since it's on the same subject and you'll be able to find the answer to your question.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly to look into sending you a return package.

Talk soon! Smiley

Hello Buvyv,

Welcome to the community!

It's unfortunate the customer representative did not provide any alternate solutions. You might consider sending a moderator (MOD beside their username) a PM. Apparently, they can send you a return package in order for you to return it by mail (see here).

Hope this helpsSmiley

Cheers

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Afeerakhalid

Welcome to the community Smiley 

We would be able to send you a return package in order for you to return it by mail. 

I'll be sending you a PM in a few minutes so we can look into the account together.