cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 way splitter woes

Mikeej8
I'm a contributor level 2

WP_20180523_06_53_13_Pro.jpgHi Guys...thought I would try out the splitter that comes with Fido modem to use on my Rogers PVR..so I put incoming live into top and outgoing to modem..nothing??? So I put back like the tech did..no TV,just modem...even when I did that no internet,until I unplugged the modem,waited,replugged, and then it came on. Do I have to do that with splitter...I did not shut off modem when I tryed first time,do I have to shut off modem first,connect splitter,then  replug...

3 REPLIES 3

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Mikeej8,

I looked into this and if the signal in your home is strong enough, you should be able to connect the PVR to the top part and the Fido modem to the bottom part without having to power off the modem before connecting the coax.

However, if the signal is not strong enough, you might experience issues trying to connect.

If that's the case and this keeps happening, contact us and we'll send out a technician Smiley

Mikeej8

Thanks..will try again..better be a strong signal..we have Fido 75...just now 21/97.07 and 11.13 uploads with Ookla Speedtest..to clarify..this Fido/Rogers cable feed is coming from basement into house and your saying that goes into the single female and then back out on one of the two outs to the Fido modem upstairs...leaving the other into Rogers/cable TV box..yes? MJWP_20180523_06_53_13_Pro.jpg

Hey @Mikeej8,

You're correct, it's how it should be set up. If the signal isn't strong enough you will experience degraded speed for the internet, and/or no services at all. In that case we'd need to send a technician Smiley Let us know how it goes.