Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

dfixx
I'm a participant level 2

I got a text last night that said...

FIDO Solutions Canada: FIDO has sent you FIDO Dollars (90.75$): http://fidodollardspaylive.com/

... since it looked like a fake ("dollards"?), I did a google search and it claimed that the site is located in Iran.

I don't know if there is anything Fido can do about this kind of thing but I figured I should spread the word that it's a scam in case anyone else gets this text.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dfixx

I moved your post to this thread since it deals with SPAM text messages. Smiley 

LEOzan

SMS from +1(819)461-7657 received Nov 20 2017 5:26 am

INTERAC: $75.46 CAD due to an overcharge on you last mobile payment:

http://mobile-ref.ml/interac

Obviously is SCAM be alert

LEOzan

Text message received Nov/20/2017 05:26 am from +1(819)461-7657

body text say:

eirinn

Hi, 

I got a text from 1-902-872-0611 at about 2 am telling me my application is blocked, with a link to unlock it.

Getting a text at 2 am was kinda weird, so I did not click on it, but my app is blocked, so im guessing this is real? Has anyone else received this text?

TIA!

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @eirinn

I moved your post to this thread as the message you received is not from us. We only send notifications from short codes and not phone numbers. You can also see more on those kind of messages here 

Hope that helps! 

Agg12345
I'm a participant level 1

Has anyone received a text message from this phone number claiming to be F I D O?? And then leaving a message stating that my account, due to security reasons, must be TEMPORARILY suspended. In order to reactivate my account go to: http://bit.ly/2io425d ??? Of course, I didn't do what was requested. As my account is not in arears. Instead I checked out the website on my computer as I did last week with a similar text message. It doesn't exist. What's going on??

Hey @Agg12345!

That text is not from us, it's SPAM! As it's spam, I moved your message here as this thread deals with all SPAM related texts Smiley

Check out our blog for more info and forward the message to the number 7726 (SPAM) to report it!

Good catch Wink

janrandall

Got this today as a phone msg on my fido phone

Interac E-transfer: You have been refunded due to a overcharge on your previous payment Click here to deposit your money ttp://1refundd-us.me/

THIS IS A SCAM

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK (I took the h off the front to prevent this)

Also, If you are with Fido reading this, why not at least dedicate a topic to phone fraud instead of my having to bury it here in "community feedback" And an easy link to the area would also be a big step up and cost you nothing 

Hello Janrandall,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information!! There is a dedicated thread for reporting SPAM and fraud related SMS. Admittedly, it is still in the community feedback section, though. You can copy and forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) for evaluation and hopefully added to the SPAM filter (see here).

**edit** There is also this blog here.**

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Murray1

got a text saying fido is sending you 72.00 in fido dollars click here to deposit your fido dollars 

Hey @Murray1

Welcome to the Community!

That's definitely not from us. You can send the text message to the number 7726 to report it as SPAM

Make sure to not give out any personal information also Smiley

mr_math

I've received 2 text messages from +1 (905) 962-3809:

If you receive a text like this, DO not enter your banking info as it did not originate from FIDO 

FIDO Solutions Inc: 

FIDO has sent

you FIDO Dollars

(90.99$)!:

http://fidodollarspayccash.com/

I clicked on the link and it opened a page to receive an etransfer. 

Questions I had: Why would FIDO send me an etransfer? Why wouldn't they just apply it to my invoice? Why isn't this an https secure site? 

I logged into my Fido acct to confirm my FIDO Dollar balance. I also called Customer Service to confirm that this is not their practice. Scam avoided.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mr_math and @janrandall!

Just a head's up that we've moved your posts to this thread as it deals with everything related to spam messages!

Good catch guys! Very_Happy

Hello Mr_math,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! You asked all of the right questions! That is most definitely a SPAM scam. Also important for others to note is that the Fido Dollars program has ended so there is no reason Fido would offer Fido Dollars. You can copy and forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) for evaluation and hopefully added to the SPAM filter (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Vancouverkimi

2FD9D123-2D07-4B93-B610-F81E6764AB25.png

Hey @Vancouverkimi!

Just a head's up that I moved your post to this thread as it's about reporting any spam texts Smiley

Good catch!

Grashabel

I recieved this text message.SCAMI received this Message. SCAMI received this Message. SCAMI received this Message. SCAM

Hey @Grashabel

Thanks for flagging this. You can send the text to the number 7726 (SPAM). This will submit the messages to be audited and potentially blocked from the network if considered as spam.

You can find more info about these spam here.

Smiley

Xan

Screenshot_2017-11-05-22-05-40.pngScreenshot_2017-11-05-22-05-40.png

I received this text tonight.  Has anyone received any thing similar?

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Xan

That's definitely not from us. You can send the text to the number 7726 (SPAM). This will submit the messages to be audited and potentially blocked from the network if considered as spam.

You can also find a thread regarding these here.

Hope this helps Smiley