cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell you one price and charge another

Terry243
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

First of all, thanks Fido! 2 FREE imaginary badges. Wow, way to step up the customer service!!! Now that we've discussed the joy I've received from your badges today lets get into it.

I upgraded my phone recently due to necessity. I had to pay an early upgrade fee so I traveled to my local Walmart and picked out a pixel 6. pro and asked about plans. the gentleman at the kiosk told me I could get into a 40 gig plan and by removing a $10 extra on my existing $90 plan I would be able to get this phone and more data for $5 less a month. He fumbled with the computer for what seemed like an eternity, 2 hours later and three attempts to register the plan with Fido, he said it finally went through. A month later still no additional data. I call Fido to find out what's going on and they tell me that my plan was never changed. FML, I stood in Walmart for 2 hours for nothing So I called customer service and they told me they could get me into 35 gig plan for $5 more than my original plan which would mean it would cost me $10 more for 5 gigs less so I reluctantly went ahead and switched to that plan. I then started to receive phone bills for $ 126. I've contacted customer service many times and they are not willing to do anything other than reply to my many online rants so that it appears they give a **bleep**. However, once contacted they are far less receptive of the idea of coming good on what two of their representatives told me

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Terry243,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your recent upgrade.

@Terry243 wrote:

...my local Walmart and picked out a pixel 6. pro and asked about plans....

...However, once contacted they are far less receptive of the idea of coming good on what two of their representatives told me

I do not know what was discussed with the customer service representative when you called. However, any apparent offer you received was from a Walmart employee. Walmart serves as a third-party reseller, similar to Best Buy, Costco, Wireless Wave, etc. The people who work at those locations don't actually work for the mobile providers. They don't represent Fido. The individual stores and resellers can often have their own promotions in addition to those provided on Fido.ca. Any plan issues would have needed to have been dealt with Walmart. I understand the services are with Fido, however, Walmart sold you the product (which in this case happens to be Fido services). They could have equally sold you plans from any of the other providers.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we do not have access to customers' accounts. That said, does the cost you note include device financing? If you were not aware, Fido no longer offers subsidised plans. Fido has switched to a financed Payment Program for a couple of years now. With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs.

I understand you have already contacted customer service, however, if you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Lindkr
I'm a contributor level 2

Lindkr