cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please prove your contests are real

Mack97
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I see 'George B.' from Scarborough won the 1 year of free service in both June and July of this year.  And a 'Mary Ann S.'  managed the same feat.  I know a lot of us don't believe there are actual winners to your contests and things like this sure don't help.  Your random name an city generator seems to be broken.  Can you do something to prove your contests are legit?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mack97,

I understand it's disappointing not winning the contests. However, that is such a loaded request. Considering

@Mack97 wrote:

...The moderators here assuring us that people win is just further proof that no one ever does...

no reply here will be adequate.

Short of you actually winning a contest, there is no proof that will convince you that they are, in fact, real. The names of the winners have been provided, but you claim it's from some random generator. Even if Fido contacted the winners and asked them to come forward, it will be assumed that they are actors -- people Fido paid to make those claims.

Fido can't ensure that you'll win a contest just to prove that they are real because that contest would be rigged.

Even though I don't actually work for Fido, my reply will likely be turned around and somehow used as evidence that they aren't real. 🙄

If you wish to continue entering those contests, best of luck in future contests 🍀

Cheers